Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Power of Shoes

Our friends Wes and Stephanie Wright share a pretty miraculous story today of what they almost missed....the rescue of their newest little China doll who came home to America in February. Here are Stephanie's words: We had heard all the objections from every corner and had many ourselves. After all, we already had 8 children, two in college, three adopted with special needs, and the last one with severe surgical needs and lifelong challenges. So Wes decided we should not proceed with plans to adopt Ava. The next day I got an email from him titled, "Shoes". Here is Wes' email to his wife: "I start with shoes because as I sorted through shoes last night and began putting them away, I thought about the feet that could use them. I looked at all the boxes of clothes we have in the attic and thought about the feet that could use them. I looked at all the boxes of clothes we have in the attic and thought of the little girl that could use them. I did not sleep well as I thought of Ava. I had looked over her file yesterday and her pictures. It is wrong of me to commit to her and then walk away. It is wrong of me to begin planning for her and walk away...I am unable to walk away from Ava. My eyes are full of tears as I write this, I will not abandon her. Our kids will rally around us, our parents will get on board. This is not about anybody but Ava." We got to meet little Ava two days after coming home to America. She was breathtaking. Melted into our arms, so grateful to be with her new family and new friends. We were all in awe of this sweet creation of God. It's mind boggling to think that precious Ava could still be sitting in an orphanage, if it hadn't been for shoes....

2 comments:

  1. amazing. powerful post, jill. thanks for sharing xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gina. It continues to blow my mind how significant, life/death, "blessings beyond measure" each rescue of an orphan actually is!

    ReplyDelete