Thursday, October 20, 2011

Faith Walk

If one were to speed read the Bible from start to finish, one of the major themes that would surface is that its really important to God that His children trust Him. It was a huge issue with the children of Israel. It was a problem with the disciples... "O ye of little faith". Romans 1:17 says the righteous shall LIVE by faith. Hebrews 11:6 says, "Without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him." Faith is simply very important to God. And it's not just that we trust Him for our salvation, but that we LIVE on faith. We trust Him for everything. I've seen this in missionaries who live on faith on so many levels, and through the journey of Orbie for Orphans, we are learning it everyday. The righteous will live by faith. Here's a cool quote I found today written in 1664.

"I find that while faith is steady nothing can disquiet me, and when faith totters nothing can establish me. If I ramble out among means and creatures, I am presently lost, and can come to no end. But if I stay myself on God, and leave Him to work in His own way and time, I am at rest, and can lie down and sleep in a promise, though a thousand rise up against me. Therefore my way is not to cast beforehand, but to walk with God by the day. Keep close to God, and then you need fear nothing." Jospeh Elliot, 1664

2 comments:

  1. I NEEDED to read this today!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Focus on the Family today was about adoption and one verse they brought up was Hebrews verse you mentioned above..Hebrews 11:6. "Without faith it is impossible to please God." They then brought up how one facet of faith is risk. We are called to risk our own plans, ideas, comforts, agendas when we live by faith and trust in Him...and He will give us immeasurably more than we can hope or imagine. When the word risk is substituted for faith, listen to how it sounds in the Hebrews verse..."without risk it is impossible to please God." Pretty convicting!

    ReplyDelete