Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's funny what a difference a day makes. Wednesday was difficult from start to finish. Thursday was the best day we've had yet. Wednesday, Collins just seemed frustrated and irritable and very stubborn. She fell apart over a couple of things, but especially when I wouldn't let her play with our gas stove! Oh me, oh my. This child being adopted less than 6 weeks ago and coming to America is like being dropped on another planet! Thursday she woke up in the best mood, was okay when we told her "no", and even went to work with me! I did a gold party in Waynesville at an elementary school. I took 2 friends, Ashley and Diane. One was to help me, and one to assist her. She played happily for 2 hours and did great. She's speaking little english but I think she comprehends more than we know. On her own she is saying words like "Mommy, Daddy, Caca (cantonese for brother, but not a nice word in spanish), Gran Jan, beautiful, Riley (our dog) go outside, thank you" and thats about it. But she can sing "Jesus Loves Me", "ABC's", "Twinkle, Twinkle" and "Happy Birthday". She can write her name, and works on writing numbers and letters. We bought a set of dvd's in China that help teach English comparing it to cantonese. One the airplane coming home we couldn't get the tape to work and thought we had gotten ripped off. But yesterday I tried them on the computer and they worked and she loves watching these. They started out with a few key phrases like "thank you", "hello" and "sit down". And guess what was next? Teaching them how to say "chick" and "hen". Excuse me? Am I missing something? Yesterday my back was hurting and I was explaining this to Collins because I couldn't pick her up. When she understands what you're saying she'll nod her head yes. She did this then put her fingers on my back and started massaging it for about 10 minutes! So sweet especially since I didn't ask her to. Tonight I went to a women's event at our church called "The Gathering". 800 women there, beautiful decorations, great message and a fun time had by all. During the praise and worship time tears came to my eyes. Life has been so intense since we got Collins. So good, but so intense. When I was able to just stand there and focus and think about the words and sing along, it came to me how much I missed Him. I have really, really missed time with Him. Its the only way I'm filled again, and these last 36 days has been just constant outpour. I thought about that verse in Psalms, "better is one day in your courts than thousands elsewhere." So, so true. I have just had 36 days of such highs getting this beautiful child. We've had the emotions of winning the lottery to exhaustion to such immense love for this child even when she's difficult. This adoption journey has been some of the biggest highs a person can go through in this life. And yet, NOTHING compares to closeness to Him. NOTHING. I came home and relished listening to some great music on youtube and itunes. Here are some songs (great words!) and also links if any of you need some pouring in as you pour out to others in your daily lives.

1. www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKu8_BUGPKc - this is Shane and Shane singing "There is None Like You"

2. www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJCYHPPqmEO - this is Avalon singing "In Christ Alone"

3. On itunes or youtube - Keri Jobe singing "The More I Seek You" and "Revelation Song"


No comments:

Post a Comment